Robot Holocaust

The Future (2011)

Labels: , ,
Directed by Miranda July
Written by Miranda July
IMDB

A couple is must wait 30 days before they can pick up their cat from the shelter.  In those 30 days they attempt to make drastic life changes, giving up the internet, joining a cause, cheating.
This is a bizarre experimental film with a fair narrative to hold it somewhat together.  Generally, I am not a huge of these types of weird experimental indy films, but this one works.  It was somewhat funny and deadpanned and the performances were strong.  Interesting, though I wouldn’t recommend it to everybody.  My pal Beth would enjoy it, though.  Probably more than I did.


7/10
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Rating Scale Explanation

The rating scale is simple. 1 is the worst 10 is the best and 5 is mediocre. 5.5 or greater is a movie that I at least find enjoyable. You could also think of 5 as a zero and 1 as a negative 5. I feel like that sounds even more convoluted.

Blog Archive