Robot Holocaust

Bull Durham (1988)

Labels: , ,


Directed by Ron Shelton
Written by Ron Shelton
Clip
IMDB

Tim Robbins is the hot new pitcher for a minor league team, the Durham Bulls. He can throw fast, but has a hard time throwing straight. The Bulls bring in a seasoned veteran, Kevin Costner, to teach him how to play better ball. Susan Sarandon is a baseball player groupie. She is fucking Robbins, but wants to be fucking Costner.
I like this movie up until a point. Toward the end Robbins leaves to go to the Major League. The rest of the movie is romantic scenes between Sarandon and Costner, which to me derail the movie a bit. It's really fun and funny up until that point. The clip I included is my favorite scene of the movie.

7/10
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Rating Scale Explanation

The rating scale is simple. 1 is the worst 10 is the best and 5 is mediocre. 5.5 or greater is a movie that I at least find enjoyable. You could also think of 5 as a zero and 1 as a negative 5. I feel like that sounds even more convoluted.

Blog Archive