Robot Holocaust

Mallrats: The Extended Cut (1995)

Labels: ,


Directed by Kevin Smith
Written by Kevin Smith
Trailer
IMDB

Kevin Smith's sophomore effort gets an extended (by about 30 minutes) cut. Mallrats is a film that I find bad, but I love it nevertheless. I liked the extended cut more than I like the theatrical version, but it was long (over two hours!).
I won't go into the plot much, because why bother. Jeremy London and Jason Lee are both dumped and they go to the mall.
The main difference between this version and the theatrical version is the opening scene. In this version, Jeremy London's character accidentally shoots a blank near the mayor. This somehow leads to his girlfriend's father being screwed out of some funding money for his "new" gameshow. Since they didn't shoot much coverage, a lot of lines were changed in scenes because they reference the opening scene. Those lines are restored.
This movie is still not that great. It's entertaining and has some funny scenes and some extremely corny scenes. I haven't seen Jersey Girl, but this is Kevin Smith's worst movie I have seen, and it's not a bad movie.

6.5/10
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Rating Scale Explanation

The rating scale is simple. 1 is the worst 10 is the best and 5 is mediocre. 5.5 or greater is a movie that I at least find enjoyable. You could also think of 5 as a zero and 1 as a negative 5. I feel like that sounds even more convoluted.

Blog Archive