Robot Holocaust

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army (2008)

Labels: , ,

Directed by Guillermo del Toro
Written by Guillermo del Toro
Trailer
IMDB

Guillermo del Toro is a fantastic director, and he proves that in spades with Hellboy 2. I'm not normally one for an enormous display of special effects, but it fits so well into the story without becoming the story. This movie is about love more than it is about eye-bulging special effects.
A prince from the mythical world rebels against his father, the king, and decides to declare war on Earth. Before he can do so, he needs all the pieces of the crown. He has most of it, but his twin sister has the missing piece. She falls into Hellboy's group, and they attempt to protect her from her brother's murderous cravings.
Really great movie. I love superhero movies and I love del Toro's directing style. Plus, on top of that, I love Hellboy. This is a really enthralling movie, even if I did go grocery shopping in the middle. I still came back, finished and loved it.

9/10
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Rating Scale Explanation

The rating scale is simple. 1 is the worst 10 is the best and 5 is mediocre. 5.5 or greater is a movie that I at least find enjoyable. You could also think of 5 as a zero and 1 as a negative 5. I feel like that sounds even more convoluted.

Blog Archive