Robot Holocaust

Mojave Phone Booth (2006)

Labels: ,

Directed by John Putch
Written by John Putch and Jerry Rapp
Trailer
IMDB

Mojave Phone Booth is an episodic tale where the protagonists interact throughout the story and nearly all of them find their way to the titular phone booth in the desert.
I very much disliked this movie. It's one of those movies that is trying so hard to be "indie." It has Steve Guttenberg in it, it's not like it's made by a guy with $20,000 and a group of friends.
I am not against arty movies. The Bicycle Thief is my favorite movie at the moment. This movie is forcefully idiosyncratic. I went into this movie basically with this description: people are drawn to a phone booth in the desert. What I ended up with is people having problems and they all go to a phone booth in the desert to talk to an elderly lady. The phone booth has nothing to do with the plot, it's just a device to hammer the stories together in some "meaningful" way.
Oh, did I mention that Steve fucking Guttenberg is in this movie? Well, he is.

4/10
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Rating Scale Explanation

The rating scale is simple. 1 is the worst 10 is the best and 5 is mediocre. 5.5 or greater is a movie that I at least find enjoyable. You could also think of 5 as a zero and 1 as a negative 5. I feel like that sounds even more convoluted.

Blog Archive